During the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2017, Vnesheconombank represented by Chairman Sergey Gorkov and State Space Corporation Roscosmos represented by Director General Igor Komarov signed a cooperation agreement.
The parties agreed to promote and finance investment projects that aim to diversify the defense industry and rocket and space complex for the manufacture and sale of high-tech civilian and dual-use goods in the domestic and global markets. For this purpose, Vnesheconombank’s financial instruments will include project finance and syndication, as well as various state aid measures for high-technology exports.
Vnesheconombank and Roscosmos have defined the following up-and-coming areas:
- Support for innovations and state-of-the-art technologies;
- Financing of development and manufacturing of leading-edge commercially viable rocket and space equipment and products;
- Participation in joint import-substitution projects;
- Promotion and financing of Russian high-technology space goods and services exports;
- Development of ground space infrastructure;
- Technological rearmament and revamping of production facilities;
- Boosting energy efficiency and saving at branch enterprises;
- Commercialisation and application of space products for the benefit of national economy.
Furthermore, the parties have agreed to facilitate stronger cooperation relations between international space actors, to jointly participate in themed events (exhibitions, salons, conferences, etc.) held under the auspices of Roscosmos, and to help popularize achievements in national cosmonautics and rocketry.